Flexible Hardware and Wireless Architecture
The WAPD-170AG v2 is a single board CPU based upon the Intel® XScale IXP425 CPU operating at 533 MHz, 64MB of SDRAM and 16 MB of Flash. This product integrates two type III Mini PCI slots, a 10/100 LAN interface, and an RS232 serial port allowing for custom-radio integration to provide variety of configurability. This product meets the requirements for broadband Access Point applications. The WAPD-170AG v2 dual 802.11a/b/g AP/Bridge wireless architecture offers flexible wireless deployment for enterprise-scale wireless networks including warehouses, airport, hospitals, and large corporations. It built-in dual mini-PCI slot and supports Atheros 802.11g and 802.11a/b/g mini-PCI modules. you can make it as followed:
- Simultaneously supports 802.11a and 802.11b/g
- Mix of AP and Bridge configuration works simultaneously, blanketing last miles with high-speed bandwidth.
- Dual AP configuration for both 802.11b/g and 802.11a users in a high client density environment
- Dual Bridge (repeater) configuration to extend the transmission range of wireless local bridge.
Multi-operation Mode and Multiple BSSID
The WAPD-170AG v2 can be configured as one of four operation modes: AP + AP, AP + Bridge, Bridge + Bridge, and AP Router mode, it helps IT experts to minimize the TCO. Up to 16 BSSID per radio and each can be configured independently to support various security policies, authentication model, RADIUS servers and VLANs to make networks deployment flexible.
Secure Wireless Connection
The WAPD-170AG v2 provides several security control and encryption methods to make wireless connection securable.
-IEEE 802.1x/EAP with password, certificates and SIM card
- 64bits/128bits static and dynamic WEP encryption
- Supports Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA/WPA2) with AES and TKIP
- Layer 2 Isolation for preventing snooping on the same BSS
- MAC address filtering (ACL) for preventing illegal attack
- Hidden SSID broadcast to prevent illegal connection
- HTTPS, CLISH and SNMP for remote management